This is my favorite time of the year and as a makeup artist it is a fabulous time to create!
We have many books in the library to help walk you through the process.
These books can be found through our library catalog and contain detailed “how to” instructions on:
- Special FX scars and injuries
- Fantasy makeup
- Period makeup
- Supply lists and more!
Get Ready To Create One of My Favorite Fake Blood Recipes
- Gelatin (this is available in supermarkets in the baking section, granules are preferable)
- Glycerin (Again from supermarkets or chemists)
- Red & blue food dye.
- Mix the water & glycerin together in roughly equal parts (you can play about with measures)
- Add the gelatin granules while stirring into a smooth paste.
- Melt the mixture…
- In the microwave it only takes a few seconds so keep checking, don’t let it boil.
- You can also place it in a bowl and place the bowl over boiling water to melt this way.
- Allow to cool for a minute or 2 and apply for runny blood or wait a while longer until it becomes more like gel for thicker blood effects.
- It is safe for use on face and around mouth.
- When adding the food dye, apply the red first & then a couple of blue drops to darken.