Book Review: The Power of Thanks
The Power of Thanks
The theme of this book addresses how social recognition empowers employees and creates a best place to work. A brief summary includes how building a fully engaged energized workforce is the key to business success. The Power of Thanks demonstrates how leading companies like Intuit, JetBlue Airways and The Hershey Company empower employees through social recognition, where the practice of mutual appreciation and trust directs and rewards higher performance.
The authors, executives at Globoforce, explain why social recognition is so powerful and how you can apply it in your company, case by case the authors show how this business strategy inspires the following:
- Greater employee engagement and loyalty.
- Stronger, more unified teams and departments.
- A creative, innovative company culture.
- Improved customer satisfaction.
- Increased profitability and organizational health.
The following include a few examples from Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3:
- Part 1, chapter 3 – “Appreciation, Gratitude, and Employee Engagement.”
- Part 2, chapter 6 – “Social, Mobile, and 24/7.”
- Part 3, chapter 7 – “Building a Social Recognition Framework.”
The format of this book is structured to give the reader easy, hands-on access to all the important concepts by utilizing specific eye-catching type windows for addressing these concepts, thus making it easy for the reader to browse efficiently and quickly through the book.
I suggest that the reader will find motivation, energy, and great proven strategies after reading this excellent book! Find in Library Catalog.